Brazilian Brainfluence, Portuguese Persuasion

Como Influenciar a Mente do Consumidor - Roger DooleyThe long-awaited Portuguese version of Brainfluence has been published in Brazil by Campus/Elsevier. Apparently my invented word Brainfluence™ didn’t translate well, so the book was published under the title, Como Influenciar a Mente do Consumidor (How to Influence the Consumer Mind).

The subtitle became “100 maneiras de convencer os consumidores com técnicas de neuromarketing,” a reasonably accurate rendition of the English version, 100 Ways to Persuade and Convince Consumers with Neuromarketing.

It’s exciting to see this happen well in advance of the 2013 Neuromarketing World Forum which will be held in Sao Paulo next March. I know from social media that Brazil is one of the hotspots of neuromarketing interest, so it will be great to connect with enthusiasts who can now read Brainfluence in their native tongue.

Here are some links for more info on the new Portuguese edition:

Publisher’s Page: Como Influenciar a Mente do Consumidor
Buscapé Shopping Comparison Page: Como Influenciar a Mente do Consumidor

And, for my English-speaking readers,

Amazon Page: Brainfluence: 100 Ways to Persuade and Convince Consumers with Neuromarketing
Kindle Edition: Brainfluence: 100 Ways to Persuade and Convince Consumers with Neuromarketing
Audible Audio Edition: Brainfluence: 100 Ways to Persuade and Convince Consumers with Neuromarketing

8 responses to "Brazilian Brainfluence, Portuguese Persuasion" — Your Turn

Paulo Crepaldi 7. November 2012 at 6:55 pm

Roger, I follow your blog both here and Forbes and I’m really excited to watch you speaking at the neuromkt forum, I’ll be there for sure, hope to have a time to chat with you. I read your book in english and won’t miss the portuguese version either. I worked for OZA in BR (ZMET) for several years and we believe in the Neuromarketing theories since them. Now we are focusing in other theories and advance tools on the subject. Would love to talk to you more about it.
WELCOME TO BRAZIL!

7. November 2012 at 7:32 pm

Thanks, Paulo, I’m really looking forward to the conference!

Sylvio 8. November 2012 at 5:41 am

That’s interesting because, I’ve just finished to read Brainfluence in english before it launches here. And this is the thirst time this happened. The first was with “Buyology”, the second “You Are What You Choose”. The great books are been released here very fast! But I don’t mind to have the english version, they’re cheaper, hardcover and I can improve my english skills a little bit.

Best regards Roger!

8. November 2012 at 8:13 am

Hi, Sylvio, glad you liked the English version. I think it’s always desirable to read a book in the original language, though it’s probably more enriching for novels than business books. There’s a tradeoff, too. I’ve read Homer in Greek and Virgil in Latin, but while I enjoyed the poetic cadence of the originals I probably missed some nuances that a skilled translator would have captured. Glad to see that so many “brainy” books have been translated for the Brazilian market!

Vitor Ramirez 9. November 2012 at 11:41 am

Cool Roger,

I read all your articles here, now i will buy your book in portuguese :) . It will be great to see you in my home city.

9. November 2012 at 12:33 pm

Thanks, Vitor, I hope you get some great ideas. Let me know what you think of the translation!

Bruno Jesus 7. January 2013 at 12:19 pm

Hello Roger,

I would like to buy the portuguese version but I can’t find it anywhere in Europe. Isn’t it available in Amazon or in other website? Or only the english versions are available?

7. January 2013 at 1:31 pm

Bruno, this site has a listing of links to sellers of the Portuguese version: Buscape. I don’t know if any of them can ship economically to your location. If not, perhaps you could contact a local distributor to see if they will import some copies! Good luck, thanks for your interest!