Brain Fingerprinting Labs Does Ads
The current issue of FastCompany magazine has a brief article, Getting Inside Your Head, that mentions ad evaluation work being done at Brain Fingerprinting Labs. BFL has received plenty of press for their other business activities, mostly related to criminal justice and the search for a foolproof lie detector.
In using brain response measurments to evaluate ads, BFL claims to be able to answer some of these questions:
- What specific information do people retain from advertising?
- What specific elements in an ad campaign have the most impact?
- Which type of media is most effective?
- What commercial is the most effective for a single product?
- How effective is the product branding strategy?
BFL seems to be launching a multi-front approach to exploit their neuroscience technology and methods. In addition to advertising an criminal justice/trial activities, BFL is pursuing such diverse opportunities as anti-terrorism and early detection of Alzheimers disease.
In future posts, we’ll look at some of BFL’s specific techniques and how they relate to neuromarketing.