The number of shopping days before Christmas is shrinking, but books – both electronic and paper – can still be ordered in time for either gift-giving or your own holiday reading. I’d love to personally sign every copy of Brainfluence, but with the Kindle and other e-versions, not to mention audiobooks, that’s impossible. Even signing hardcovers can be difficult what with shipping books around the country.
So, here’s my crazy idea:
If you buy a copy of Brainfluence before December 18, 2013, I’ll send a personal note to accompany the book. I will personally inscribe the note to whom you want, and of course it will be signed. Almost like a signed book! Maybe better, since I won’t be scribbling on your iPad or MP3 player with a Sharpie! Here’s what you need to do:
Forward or attach a copy of the electronic purchase receipt (a scan of a paper receipt is fine, too) for Brainfluence to: firstname.lastname@example.org and, in the email, please include the following info:
- The word “Brainfluence” in the email subject (to be sure it doesn’t get lost or spam-flagged).
- Name of the recipient (you or your giftee).
- For U.S. addresses: Complete mailing address, including zip code. (This is your address if you will deliver it. Otherwise, I’ll mail it to the gift recipient directly.)
- For places outside the U.S.: The recipient’s email address (a digital scan of the note will be sent, not the physical paper note).
- [fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][Optional] A few words about the recipient – “creates travel websites,” “starting a new ad agency,” or “CMO for Victoria’s Secret,” for example. If I can, I’ll work something relevant into the note. No guarantees.
If you already did your Christmas shopping and did pick up Brainfluence for yourself or someone else, don’t worry – any receipt from the start of the shopping season, U.S. Thanksgiving (November 22, 2012) is fine. Fine print: offer subject to change if I’ve done something really dumb or illegal here. 🙂
Need to buy Brainfluence? You can check with your local bookstore, or use one of these links:
Other Gift Ideas:
Know someone who wants to write a book? I just finished APE: Author, Publisher, Entrepreneur by Guy Kawasaki and Shawn Welch. (My Forbes.com review. )It’s a step-by-step guide to every aspect of writing and publishing a book.
I predict that many would-be authors will be encouraged and empowered by APE, and that a year from now will be able to tack “author” onto their credentials. It’s packed with links to hundreds of useful resources for the aspiring self-publisher.
For the brain & behavior buff. This isn’t a marketing book, but Nobelist Daniel Kahneman has filled Thinking Fast and Slow with lots of insight into human behavior.
Despite Kahneman’s impressive academic credentials, Thinking Fast and Slow is a very readable book, and will stay on the shelf of anyone who enjoys brainy topics.
Need more ideas? Here are books I’ve reviewed: Neuro & Marketing Book Reviews
Best holiday wishes to Neuromarketing readers worldwide![/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]